We want everyone to have a great time when they come to Arran Alpacas for a trek. Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the trekking rules prior to your visit.
- No dogs are permitted at Arran Alpacas.
- Alpacas see dogs as a threat and are naturally fearful and anxious in their presence and this will affect their behaviour and safety of visitors and animals during an experience.
- We do not have kennels or suitable places to house dogs.
- Dogs staying at Balmichael Glamping are asked to remain inside accommodations during experiences.
- Thank you for your understanding in this important matter.
What to bring
- Please wear suitable footwear, even in summer the grass can be damp and muddy.
- Dress appropriately for the weather - bring waterproofs and sunscreen if needed (you may need it all in one day - it is Scotland after all!)
- During the colder months we recommend gloves as your hands will be exposed holding the lead.
- Children must be closely supervised by their grown up (one adult should be present at the experience with any child under the age of 16)
- Loud noises and sudden movements alarm alpacas as they are naturally timid.
- Adults should ensure their child does not run around when the alpacas are out or get too close to the rear end of an alpaca - this can spook them!
- Plan your journey to ensure you arrive on time.
- Experience times are on your booking confirmation.
- Other groups will be booked, so please call if you are delayed for any reason.
- Unfortunately we cannot delay the start of treks as we often have other groups joining and another experience beginning afterwards.
Feeding the alpacas
- Alpaca feed is provided during experiences, please do not feed them other grass or food as some food may not agree with their sensitive tummies.
- Hand-washing after feeding and touching animals is very important. Running water and soap is available and we also have hand sanitiser located throughout the site.
Please ensure you are aware of the cancellation policy as part of the Terms & Conditions when a booking is made.
CANCELLATION BY CUSTOMER:
Cancellation 2 weeks or more before experience date: refund less £10 admin fee OR reschedule to another available date OR voucher for full amount.
Cancellation 2 weeks to 48hrs before experience: 50% refund
Cancellation within 48hrs or no-show: no refund
CANCELLATION BY ARRAN ALPACAS:
We reserve the right to cancel an experience in circumstances out with our control. Should this happen, we will be in contact with you and a 100% refund will be given.
CANCELLATION DUE TO FERRIES:
If the ferries have affected your travel plans, we understand this is out with the control of both Arran Alpacas and yourself. You will have the option to reschedule to another available date OR receive a voucher for the full amount.